Skip to main content

How are my predictions going?


Welcome back it's been a while. This will be a quick look at my Premier League picks from the summer and see how they're doing. For starters I had both Manchester clubs one and two. Not looking so pretty now. I did have Chelsea third and said Conte will bring the winning mentality back to the Blues. I just didn't think they would be this good. A 5 point gap is not massive but Chelsea are looking impressive. Liverpool sit in second at the minute I had them finishing 8th, behind the champions Leicester City! Not so great, also I had West Ham as high as 7th that's only looking like a dream now. But that's what predictions are made for.

At the bottom of the league I'm fairing a little better Hull, Sunderland are struggling. So here I will give my picks a little refresh now we're half way through the season.

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Manchester City

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Tottenham


To go down I will go with Hull City, Watford and Swansea City.

The Championship I'm doing better, Newcastle, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday are all doing well. QPR, well the less said the better about them. Reading and Huddersfield are the surprise packages this season. It's a real scrap the Championship so most of my picks to go up and go down could still happen. So I will keep with my pre-season picks which were Newcastle United and Sheffield Wednesday to be promoted. And the play-offs to consist of Ipswich, Norwich, Aston Villa and Leeds. Yes no Brighton anywhere a little risky I know.

My League One predictions are doing OK, Scunthorpe United are sitting in second. Millwall are floating around the play-off zone. To go down I have a 50% strike rate with Swindon and Shrewsbury struggling at the minute. Down in League Two Doncaster, Plymouth and Barnet are all doing well. Newport County are struggling as I predicted. The only stinker is Cheltenham who I had finishing in the play-offs.. there 23rd in League Two.

Follow me at @Sean_Footymad for more Football chat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time for women officials in top flight football?

Can they run they line? Can the referee a top flight game? Are they any better or worse than male referees? Or should they stick with the female version of the game? Richard Keys & Andy Gray have once again brought this issue in to football. Here are a few for’s and against women officials. The Pro’s Women have become part of modern day football. That is a fact. At all levels they plan the game and in some cases they run the show, for example Karen Brady. They now attend more games than they use to. You see them in the crowds, mainly in the home end sitting down not signing but they’re still there. There’s no reason to say they don’t know the rules of the game, especially the offside rule as its now become very, very vague to what it actually is! As long as their adequate and have the ability to do the job properly and fairly surely that’s all that matters. Could this be the key that brings a bit more respect in to the game of football? The Con’s Can the female officials take the a

Premier League Preview 2016-17

1 Manchester United Money has been thrown and thrown, Paul Pogba has returned in a world record fee and Zlatan is in the Premier League. Oh and now Jose Mourinho is at Old Trafford talk about star names all in one place. It will be interesting viewing from the entire league. Does Jose care about the kids? Can he get United back in top 4? Can they win it? I think yes to the last 2 anyway and Jose will buy and bully his way to the top of the Premier League, just. I'm pretty sure no United fan will care.   Key Man – Anthony Martial his second year in English football he had a good start, I expect all eyes will be on Ibrahimovic , Pogba maybe even Rashford see how he does. Personally I think Martial could outshine them all.  2 . Manchester City Pep Guardiola in the Premier League, City have been after him for years. So after success in Spain & Germany how can he do in England? Well I think he will do very well but that defence at the minute w ill cost them ! John St

Bayern Munich 1-1 Chelsea - Chelsea win 4-3 on penalties (2012)

From the feedback so far on the blog for some reason Bayern Munich v Chelsea is the one a lot want to read and reflect on. I can't think why. Well the German side back in the final on their home patch surely it’s the perfect time for them to lift the Champions League again? Well football is not that easy and can be cruel.  Roberto Di Matteo was named caretaker manager of Chelsea in March 2012 until the end of that season after the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas. What came in the few months after will forever be remembered in Chelsea’s history. Leading up to the final ‘leader’ John Terry was suspended after getting sent off in the semi-final against Barcelona. This was literally set up for Munich to win.  Looking back at this game I remembered the surprise selection of Ryan Bertrand in the starting line up and Arjen Robben missing a lot of chances for Bayern, boy did he miss a lot. Chelsea pretty much defended for most the game (in particular though Ashley Cole was outstanding) cr